Job Title: Home Health Aide
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Walkill, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Certified Home Health Agency - General
Position: Full Time
Req #: 523
Posted Date: Jun 05, 2021
The Home Health Aide is responsible for performing various personal care duties, including, but not limited to, providing assistance with bathing and personal hygiene, housekeeping, shopping, laundry, and patient safety at home or place of residence under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Observes patient behavior including physical and mental status, and reports to Community Health Nurse.
- Obtains and records information.
- Converses with and engages in activities with patient to support patient’s mental alertness.
- Participates in the ongoing development and implementation of patient plans of care.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs as required. Initiates purchases at patient’s request.
- Prepares patient’s clothing and provide assistance with dressing if necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping such as washing dishes.
- Provides information to appropriate staff as necessary and in timely manner.
- Encourages patient independence within medically determined limitations and as outlined by plan of care.
- Participates in 12 hours of in-service programs annually.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, effective working relationship with the staff, physicians, case managers and other hospital personnel, outside vendors, agencies and the community at large.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Completes HHA logs as per HHA POC, and submits updated paperwork weekly.
- Bathes or assists patients with bathing and personal hygiene.
- Assists patients in performing exercises and routine activities.
- Ensures patient safety by assisting with walking, transfer to bed or chair, and protecting to prevent falls and injuries.
Previous home health aide experience is preferred. Certification from an approved home health aide program is required.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.