Job Title: Home Health Aide
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Home Health
Department: Licensed Home Care
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 12940
Posted Date: Oct 21, 2019
A Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional employee, trained to carry out health related tasks under the supervision of a nurse or physical/occupational therapist. Responsible for providing assistance with personal hygiene, housekeeping and related supportive tasks to a client with health care needs in his/her home. The Home Health Aide is able to provide care to patients with complex care plans that require strong communication and care giving skills and under the supervision of an RN or therapist. Population served: clients of all ages with diverse diagnoses.
- Prior home care experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Home Health Aide Certification.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to read and write consistent with the job requirements.
- Successful completion of basic Home Health Aide Training programs or equivalency exam approved by NYS DOH.
- Possession of a valid Home Health Aide Certificate.
- Own means of transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patient, family and agency staff.