Job Title: Hospital Care Aide (sitter)
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Float Personnel
Position: Per Diem
Hours: all shifts
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 27096
Posted Date: Sep 29, 2021
A Hospital Care Aide (Sitter) is a paraprofessional employee, trained to provide supervision, companionship, environmental support assistance. Reports changes in condition of patient and any safety issues to unit staff immediately. Population served: Clients of all ages with diverse diagnoses.
- No prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to read and write consistent with the job requirements.
- Own means of transportation.
- Effective communication skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.