Job Title: Hospitality Services
Company: Mountainside Residential Care Center
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Department: Food Services
Union Name: UFCW
Position: Part Time
Hours: 6am-2pm and 11:30am-7:30pm
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 36238
Posted Date: Jul 21, 2023
Hiring Range: $17.50/Hr
- Perform the day to day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Assure that personal linen is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner and that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be.
- Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine work assignments.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Attend and participate in inservice educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or as directed.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Ensure that established infection control and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing laundry procedures
- Follow established policies governing the use/disposal of personal protective equipment and disposal of infectious wastes.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen supplies is maintained in laundry/linen carts/closets to meet the daily needs of the residents.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with established laundry procedures.
- Collect and sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and place in appropriate containers or assigned areas.
- Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and separate those items that require special stain removal/treatment.
- Sort and wash soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., in accordance with established procedures.
- Fold, stack, hang, and distribute clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., daily and/or as instructed.
- Clean floors, including sweeping, dusting, and damp/wet mopping.
- Keep walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from equipment or floor surfaces, using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- On the job training provided.
- Minimum of 12th grade education preferred.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Must be able to push. Pull, move, or lift 20 lbs.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Employee Exposure Category I – May be exposed to blood and body fluids while performing duties.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must have good manual dexterity and ability to be able to operate kitchen equipment.
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare’s “Nursing Home Compare” and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care — we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.