Job Title: Hosptality Services
Company: Mountainside Residential Care Center
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Department: Food Services
Union Name: UFCW
Position: Part Time
Hours: 6am-2pm, 11:30am-7:30pm
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 36592
Posted Date: Aug 23, 2023
Hiring Range: $17.50/Hr
- Provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Given authority to change incorrect diets according to diet order prescribed by the Medical doctor.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, inservice training programs, etc., as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist cook in preparing meals.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Obtain food supplies for next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with resident’s meal. Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse food served.
- Assure that current dietary information is consistent with food served.
- Removed food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with our established policies and procedures.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precaution policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor on the shift in which they occur.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Food service experience preferred – on the job training provided
- Minimum of 12th grade education or GED preferred.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift 20 lbs.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Employee Exposure Category I – May be exposed to blood and body fluids while performing duties.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must have good manual dexterity and ability and be able to operate kitchen equipment.
Mountainside Residential Care Center
Join the team at Mountainside Residential Care Center, our award-winning 82-bed enhanced care facility. We have received a 5-Star rating from Medicare’s “Nursing Home Compare” and 5-star ratings in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Nursing Homes 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 issues. Not only is Mountainside Residential Care Center rated as one of the top nursing homes nationwide for providing excellence in care — we are also setting the pace for outstanding care and quality services.