Job Title: Housekeeping Aide
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Environmental Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1845
Posted Date: Dec 09, 2021
The Housekeeping – Laundry Aide performs day-to-day functions in the Linen room to maintain a safe, sanitary, attractive, and orderly facility.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists management in maintaining an accurate inventory on all items in Linen Room.
- Helps complete all required reports and forms accurately and on time.
- Restocks user area linen carts in accordance with established linen par levels.
- Receives clean linen from the laundry, sign invoices, and moves carts to clean Linen Room.
- Removes clean linen from vendor’s carts to user’s carts or storage shelves.
- Sweeps and damp mops floors, dust shelves and carts.
- Ensures that all available soiled linen is removed from the user’s area to soiled linen holding area for transport to laundry.
- Assists Linen Team Leader or Department Director in ordering new linen supplies to maintain user area par levels.
- Assists and supports other departments when needed.
- Participates in education programs and in-service meetings.
- Performs Linen Room housekeeping functions to insure linen room cleanliness.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Prior housekeeping, laundry with hospital experience preferred.
Must be able to read and write English; high school diploma not required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.