Job Title: Housekeeping Aide
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Subacute Environmental Service
Position: Full Time
Req #: 320
Posted Date: May 21, 2021
The Housekeeping – Laundry Aide performs day-to-day functions in the Linen room to maintain a safe, sanitary, attractive, and orderly facility.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists management in maintaining an accurate inventory on all items in Linen Room.
- Helps complete all required reports and forms accurately and on time.
- Restocks user area linen carts in accordance with established linen par levels.
- Receives clean linen from the laundry, sign invoices, and moves carts to clean Linen Room.
- Removes clean linen from vendor’s carts to user’s carts or storage shelves.
- Sweeps and damp mops floors, dust shelves and carts.
- Ensures that all available soiled linen is removed from the user’s area to soiled linen holding area for transport to laundry.
- Assists Linen Team Leader or Department Director in ordering new linen supplies to maintain user area par levels.
- Assists and supports other departments when needed. Participates in education programs and in-service meetings.
- Performs Linen Room housekeeping functions to insure linen room cleanliness.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Prior housekeeping, laundry with hospital experience preferred.
Must be able to read and write English; high school diploma not required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.