Job Title: Housekeeping Aide
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Department: Environmental Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 59
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Housekeeping Aide performs a variety of general environmental services tasks to establish and maintain a safe, sanitary, attractive, and orderly facility. These tasks are performed in accordance with hospital and infection control standards.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors, and polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
- Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines.
- Cleans fixtures, windows, doorframes and high areas using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
- Moves, removes, and relocates furniture, furnishings, equipment, etc., as directed.
- Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedure of Operating Room and prepares for the next day surgery.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms.
- Sets up chairs and tables, etc., for special events and folds and stores them after the event.
- Moves large items in and out of storage.
- Assists in hanging drapes and dividers and takes them down for cleaning.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Policies facility grounds, dock and sanitation areas to maintain a clean and orderly exterior.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.