Job Title: Infection Control Manager
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Infection Control
Position: Full Time
Req #: 6508
Posted Date: Jul 18, 2023
Hiring Range: $47.64 - $60.30
The Infection Control Manager assists the Systems Director of Infection Control in the development and implementation of infection control policies. Manage the day-to-day operational department activities. Utilizes a systematic approach to surveillance to monitor effectiveness of prevention and control strategies. Possesses the ability to collect, aggregate and analyze date, utilize graphical tools, and participate in internal and external benchmarking activities. Ability to maintain the NHSN data collection program for New York State. Provide a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Report to the Systems Director of Infection Control.
- Direct and mentor Infection Prevention staff.
- Oversee day-to-day operational activities at all affiliate facilities.
- Travel to all Charity sites.
- Implement evidenced based practice guidelines for infection prevention.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and reporting to federal and local agencies.
- Provide infection control subject matter expertise.
- Conduct systematic surveillance, data collection, analysis and management of data for both concurrent and retrospective review to identify hospital acquired infections using micro reports and charts.
- Identify unusual or unexpected outcomes and to determine effectiveness of infection prevention practices.
- Monitor effectiveness of surveillance.
- Identify, analyze and develop improvement plans for problem areas.
- Review patient isolation needs and collaborate with bed management for appropriate bed placement.
- Serve as a member of the Infection Control Committee.
- Maintain current knowledge of Infection Control Risk Assessments, Plans and Goals
- Provide education as it relates to infection prevention for all levels of employees/medical staff, patients/families and visitors.
- Educate monthly Infection Control Orientation for new hires and yearly in shy; services staff.
- Maintain current CIC Certification
Minimum of 5 years clinical experience. RN License required, Board Certified in Infection Prevention and Control.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
• Health Insurance
• 401K or 403B
• Flexible Saving Account
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement