Job Title: Infection Control Manager
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Infection Control
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8am-4pm
Req #: 20676
Posted Date: Jan 31, 2021
The Infection Control Manager assists the Systems Director of Infection Control in the development and implementation of infection control policies. Manages the day-to-day operational department activities. Utilizes a systematic approach to surveillance to monitor effectiveness of prevention and control strategies. Possesses the ability to collect, aggregate and analyze date, utilize graphical tools, and participate in internal and external benchmarking activities. Maintains the NHSN data collection program for New York State. Provides a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Directs and mentors Infection Prevention staff.
- Oversees day-to-day operational activities at all affiliate facilities.
- Travels to all Charity sites.
- Implements evidenced based practice guidelines for infection prevention.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and reporting to federal and local agencies.
- Provides infection control subject matter expertise.
- Conducts systematic surveillance, data collection, analysis and management of data both concurrent and retrospective review to identify hospital acquired infections using micro reports and charts.
- Identifies unusual or unexpected outcomes and to determine effectiveness of infection prevention practices.
- Monitors effectiveness of surveillance.
- Identifies, analyzes and develops improvement plans for problem areas.
- Reviews patient isolation needs and collaborates with bed management for appropriate bed placement.
- Serves as a member of the Infection Control Committee.
- Maintains current knowledge of infection control risk assessments, plans and goals.
- Provides education as it relates to infection prevention for all levels of employees, medical staff, patient’s family and visitors.
- Provides education on infection control at new hire orientation and yearly in services for staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Minimum of 5 years clinical experience
BSN preferred, completion of BSN expected within 5 years of hire
Licenses / Certifications:
- Current New York State RN licensure required
- Current BLS required
- Board certified in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.