Job Title: Infection Preventionist
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Subacute Admin2
Position: Full Time
Req #: 124
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the facility infection prevention and control program (IPCP), providing a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections. This position identifies occurrences, reservoirs, incubation periods, periods of communicability, modes of transmission, signs and symptoms and susceptibility associated with the infections disease process.
- Manages the IPCP in order to prevent, identify, report, investigate and control infections and communicable diseases for all residents, staff, volunteers, visitors and other individuals providing services.
- Collaborates with facility leadership and medical directors to develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plans.
- Develops/updates written standards, policies and procedures for the program.
- Develops a facility wide system of surveillance designed to identify possible communicable diseases or infections before they can spread.
- Presents IPCP education for individuals, departments, general orientation and annual reviews.
- Defines standards for transmission-based precautions in order to maintain the least restrictive environment possible for the residents.
- Enforces policies prohibiting employees with a communicable disease or infected skin lesions from direct contact with residents or their food.
- Enforces hand hygiene polices consistent with accepted standards of practice.
- Develops a system for recording incidents identified under the facility’s IPCP.
- Conducts outbreak investigations and issues corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensures a system for personnel handling, storing, processing and transporting linen to prevent the spread of infection.
- Leads the Infection Prevention subcommittee and serves as a member of the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee.
- Oversees the facility’s antibiotic stewardship program and monitors resident’s antibiotic usage.
- Collaborates with facility leaders, physicians, and local, state and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a long-term care environment. Must possess current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of New York. Certification in infection control preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.