Job Title: Lead Registered Nurse
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 43
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Lead Registered Nurse supervises and provides professional nursing care in the treatment of patients on assigned units or clinics, health counseling, and instructions to patients consistent with medical regimens prescribed by a clinical and medical staff. The Lead Registered Nurse provides guidance to professional nursing staff and support staff, and acts as liaison of assigned areas to provide information, request services, and respond to inquiries.
- Provides guidance and instruction to nursing and support staff.
- Coordinates and executes direct nursing care to patients on assigned units and shifts including assessment of their medical, physical, psychological and emotional status.
- Instructs and counsels patients and provides information regarding health and care to families and patient representatives.
- Develops and implements a plan of care in accordance with medical orders, and annotates charts.
- Supervises and performs comprehensive patient assessments throughout the day, noting any improvement or deterioration in the patient’s condition and implements.
- Makes recommendations for changes in treatment, and acts as liaison of assigned units.
- Assesses patients and administers treatments, medications, and general care according to nursing and medical orders to treat actual or potential disorders and optimize the physical and mental well-being of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient’s response to care regimen, adds to or modifies nursing orders, and collaborates with physician regarding revision to medical treatment.
- Acts as a resource for nursing staff.
- Develops nursing-patient assignments according to patient acuity and staff credentials and experience.
- Coordinates bed flow within the assigned unit.
- Responds to medical emergencies.
- Annotates and reviews patient charts, provides information and prepares reports for multi-disciplinary team members and ancillary and support staff.
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in the performance improvement process including data collection, analysis, plan for change and implementation of changes. • Precepts and mentors newer staff on the assigned unit.
- Attends staff meetings.
Previous Registered Nurse experience required, minimum 2 years preceptor and/or charge nurse experience preferred. Current registration and certification as a Registered Nurse issued by the NYS Education Department required. Current BLS and ACLS required.
Graduation from approved professional nursing program with an RN Degree; Bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.