Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: West Nyack, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Rockland Pulmonary & Medical A
Position: Full Time
Req #: 459
Posted Date: May 25, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the guidance and supervision of a registered nurse or medical staff, is responsible for administering routine practical nursing care to assigned patients and residents according to the individual nursing care plan and prescribed medical regimen within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act and other applicable policies and procedures and in accordance with regulatory requirements. The Licensed Practical Nurse administers medications, takes and records vital signs, monitors and maintains medical equipment, and contributes to the health, comfort and safety of patients.
- Provides and administers individualized skilled nursing care to assigned patients.
- Records patient’s responses and needs, and reports results to designated clinical staff.
- Records, in the patient’s official record, a detailed report of the care given in accordance with the therapeutic plan and specific aspects of the patient’s plan of care.
- Assists patients with ambulation and personal hygiene.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s medical records and information.
- Administers medications accurately, safely, and consistent with the patient’s condition and plan of care according to the policies and procedures of the department.
- Re-enforces education and communication with the patient and family.
- Complies with the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Adheres to aseptic technique in performing procedures including wound care, and implements established infection control procedures and processes.
- Utilizes and maintains medical equipment and performs technical procedures in accordance with established procedures, safety precautions and regulatory requirements.
- Observes patient, responds to patient’s concerns, and reports changes in the patient’s mental or clinical condition to the registered nurse as soon as observed.
- Reports unsafe conditions to appropriate registered nurse and/or appropriate personnel.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, effective working relationship with the medical and clinical staff and other hospital personnel, outside vendors, agencies and the community at large.
- Responds to emergency situations and fire/safety conditions in accordance with established procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in performance improvement activities such as data collection and implementation of changes.
- May supervise and direct unlicensed assistive personnel and ancillary personnel.
- Complies with hospital policies and procedures. Participates in staff meetings and huddles.
A minimum of one year experience as a licensed practical nurse in an acute care, inpatient, home care and/or adult home setting. Current registration/license to practice as a Licensed Professional Nurse in New York State. Current BLS certification required.
Graduation from a New York State approved Practical Nursing Program.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.