Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 830-5
Req #: 36610
Posted Date: Aug 29, 2023
Hiring Range: $28.16 - $35.41
A Licensed Practical Nurse provides care to patients of all ages, within their scope of experience and training in the inpatient, clinic, physician office, outpatient and/or other facility settings. They must administer nursing care using good judgment, methods, and skills under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Observes, monitors, and records physiological measurements.
- Provides treatment to patients per organizational protocols.
- Assists providers with patient examinations, therapeutic measures, and procedures.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patients and plans for patient care.
- Identifying and providing for physical, emotional, and developmental patient needs.
- Counseling and providing health education to patients and their families; explaining the procedures planned for the patient.
- Responsible for strict administration, control, and dispensation of prescription medication in accordance with organizational policy.
- Notifying the appropriate provider promptly of unusual reactions and changes in conditions.
- Performs functions of a Surgical Scheduler as needed and requested.
- Initiates, issues and verifies patient referrals and insurance authorization/pre-certifications as necessary.
- Safeguarding and inventorying equipment and supplies.
- Following Universal Precautions and Infection Control Procedures.
- Ability to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, staff trainings, weekly team huddles.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel is required
Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
Graduate degree from an accredited licensed practical nurse program required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Travel is required.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement