Job Title: LPN
Company: Margaretville Hospital
City/State: Margaretville, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Ambulatory Surgery
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 34872
Posted Date: Apr 24, 2023
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, collects data to organize and administer nursing care to patients in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit according to established policies of the hospital.
- Applies nursing process to assist with the on-going assessment and assist the RN with initial assessment of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and patient care to assist physician during endoscopic and other specialized procedures.
- Follows policies and standards to assess, monitor and recover patients undergoing conscious sedation.
- Follows policies and standards to assess and recover patients during Phase II recovery.
- Evaluates patient learning needs related to the procedure and provides education throughout patient stay and on discharge.
- Participates in data collection for CQI process.
- Assures patient call back process is followed.
- Seeks unit specific outside educational sources to enhance self-development and present in-service to staff.
- Accurately documents on the patient record, utilizing appropriate documentation tools.
- Inputs patient charges in computer.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 years medical-surgical experience
- BLS/Current NYS License
- Good oral and written communication skills
Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County’s most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It provides emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.