Job Title: Manager CDMP
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Position: Full Time
Hours: M - F 8a-4p
Req #: 22163
Posted Date: Dec 23, 2020
The Manager CDMP is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Clinical Documentation Specialists. This position works in collaboration with the CDMP team of clinicians, coding professionals, physicians, physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners to ensure accurate and timely clinical documentation in all medical records. In addition, the Manager CDMP educates all members of the patient care team on documentation guidelines on an ongoing basis.
- Develops a collaborative CDMP team in order to maintain a positive open communication environment with physicians, interdisciplinary care team members and department managers.
- Facilitates appropriate clinical documentation to ensure medical records are accurate.
- Monitors and improves the CDMP process.
- Develops and conducts ongoing clinical documentation management education for all new staff, including new clinical documentation specialists, physicians, nursing and allied health professionals.
- Educates all internal and external customers on clinical documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues as well as performance improvement methodologies.
- Reviews clinical issues with the coding staff to assign as working DRG, resolve discrepancies in the final DRG and provides ongoing feedback to the CDMP staff.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Presents documentation and coding ideas and concepts effectively to physicians, management and other clinicians.
- Participates in system wide committees and meetings.
- Provides documentation guidance to CDMP and medical staff.
- Develops initiatives to support CDMP strategies and opportunities.
- Participates in system wide initiatives especially VBP, SOI, ROM, and ICD 10.
- Develops goals and objectives to manage financial and material resources.
- Creates and disseminates CDMP reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Minimum 10 years acute adult care clinical experience with critical care and management capabilities and CDI experience, preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively to physicians. Proficient in understanding Medicare Part A and Part B and regulatory environment. Ability to demonstrate project management expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required or higher degree preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Current/valid State of New York RN license. CCDS certification required after 1 year of employment.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, the use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies pertaining to infection control. Knowledge of disease process as well as anatomy and physiology.