Job Title: Manager, Nurse
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Same Day Surgery
Position: Full Time
Hours: 630a- 3p
Req #: 25674
Posted Date: Aug 31, 2021
The Nurse Manager is a member of the management staff of Patient Care Services, participates in the development and implementation of the philosophy and goals and the effective operation of Perioperative Services. The Nurse Manager has a 24-7 responsibility to oversee dedicated patient population ensuring the delivery of safe quality care specific to that population. He/she is responsible for financial oversight including budget development and monitoring and is responsible for maintaining high standards of professional practice.
- RN minimum of five years full-time Perioperative Services experience and 3 years leadership/supervisory.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, BSN required, MSN or certification in Nursing Administration, preferred.
- Current New York State Nursing License.
- Certified in BLS, ALS, PALS.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.