Job Title: Manager, Quality
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: General Quality Assurance
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1073
Posted Date: Sep 07, 2021
The Manager of Quality and Patient Safety provides local system leadership in ongoing performance improvement and quality activities with demonstrated outcome improvement, enhancing Bon Secours Charity service delivery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the key elements for a successful performance improvement program and the ability to develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement plans.
- Demonstrates understanding of Performance Improvement methodology, statistical analysis in the healthcare setting, and renders technical assistance to departmental leaders in the preparation and analysis of data.
- Works collaboratively with other components of care delivery (i.e. Nursing, Ancillary/Support Services, and Medical Staff Office) to ensure that a coordinated and comprehensive quality program is implemented, continually assessed, and standards are being met and/or exceeded.
- Performs tracers and environmental rounding to maintain a state of continuous service readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Oversees the completion of required action plans and ensures ongoing assessment and compliance.
- Maintains confidentiality of all quality/performance improvement documents, data, and meeting discussions.
- Provides leadership during a Sentinel Event Process and Root Cause Analysis.
- Assist in the development, compliance, and monitoring of quality initiatives related to The Joint Commission, NYSDOH, Disease Initiatives, CMS, Qhip, HANYS/EQIC and other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and direction, ability to assess problems encountered, and to implement solutions for those needs.
- Functions as leader and resource for delivery of quality care.
- Works as a team member to complete local system and departmental projects, solve problems, and resolve conflicts.
- Shows a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and positive behavior during interactions with other employees, visitors, patients, and regulatory agencies.
- Manages assigned projects within the facility in an organized, professional, and timely manner, including developing work plans, ongoing evaluation of progress, and reporting the results and reasons for variances to appropriate leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum: 5 years of experience in nursing. Experience in healthcare setting with extensive knowledge of healthcare regulatory requirements and quality improvement initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
Current NYS Nursing license
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Must possess broad understanding of healthcare delivery operations.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.