Job Title: Material Tech I
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: General Materials Mgmt
Position: Full Time
Req #: 4560
Posted Date: Oct 06, 2022
The Materials Tech I maintain daily par stock inventory on the nursing units by counting and restocking supply carts and transferring inventory to user departments. This position monitors inventory and expiration dates, prepares supplies and equipment, and delivers to all areas of the hospital as needed.
- Reviews requests for supplies.
- Pulls items from inventory to fill requisitions for user departments.
- Counts, stocks, and restocks supply carts, and transfers inventory to user department.
- Monitors supply expiration dates and replaces as needed.
- Checks inventory and replenishes supply exchange carts as needed and maintains the predetermined par levels for each nursing unit and department.
- Enters and retrieves supply data using HAN HELD and Lawson.
- Develops, modifies, prints, and deletes system generated par level sheets, departmental refill requisitions, and exchange cart replenishing sheets.
- Makes scheduled and unscheduled deliveries of supplies to specific departments and/or nursing units.
- Enters data into computer and performs other general clerical duties necessary for organizing, tracking, and controlling incoming and outgoing supplies.
- Cross trains and serves all areas of the Materials Department to provide coordination of services.
- Maintains carts in a neat, clean, and organized fashion, and cleans carts according to schedule.
- Assists with a total physical inventory count once a year or as needed.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Training and experience in distribution and supply of hospital or related products is preferred.
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.