Job Title: Material Tech II
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: General Materials Mgmt
Union Name: 1199W
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 7210
Posted Date: Sep 25, 2023
Hiring Range: $20.25
The Materials Tech II coordinates receiving and distribution of materials hospital wide, and acts as liaison with departmental staff to ensure adequate supply of equipment and materials on nursing and specialized units. The Materials Tech II provides guidance to receiving staff, researches and resolves problems with materials or deliveries, responds to urgent or changing supply and equipment needs, and acts as liaison with vendors to resolve discrepancies with deliveries and order modifications.
- Reviews and fills requests for specialized supplies and equipment and ensures timely delivery to specialized units.
- Maintains daily par stock inventory on the nursing units by counting and restocking supply carts and transferring inventory to user departments.
- Monitors inventory and expiration dates, prepares supplies and equipment, and delivers to all areas of the hospital as needed.
- Pulls items from inventory to fill requisitions for user departments.
- Counts, stocks, and restocks supply carts, and transfers inventory to user department.
- Monitors supply expiration dates and replaces as needed.
- Checks inventory and replenishes supply exchange carts as needed and maintains the predetermined par levels for each nursing unit and department.
- Enter and retrieves supply data using automated systems including HAN HELD and Lawson.
- Develops, modifies, prints, and deletes system generated par level sheets, departmental refill requisitions, and exchange cart replenishing sheets.
- Makes scheduled and unscheduled deliveries of supplies to specific departments and/or nursing units.
- Enters data into computer and performs other general clerical duties necessary for organizing, tracking, and controlling incoming and outgoing supplies.
- Cross trains and serves all areas of the Materials Department to provide coordination of services.
- Assists with a total physical inventory count once a year or as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: Minimum 1 year in hospital distribution and supply or related products required.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
Licenses / Certifications: N/A
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.