Job Title: MDS Coordinator
Company: Schervier Pavilion
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1883
Posted Date: Dec 16, 2021
The MDS Coordinator provides leadership and clinical assistance to all nursing personnel to ensure facility conformance with Nursing Care Standards as applied to Resource Utilization Groups. The MDS Nurse assume responsibility for accurate completion of MDS 3.0 and accurate documentation to support MDS assessments
- Assesses resident’s potential eligibility for Medicare coverage in the assigned unit. Initiates Medicare Certification and recertification for physician signature as needed
- Ensures that MDS assessments are consistent with the nurse’s notes/CNA accountability and care plans.
- Writes QTR/Annual/Significant notes to support MDS3.0 assessments. Adds Active Diagnosis as needed in PCC.
- Checks all MDS scheduled in the software for completion and alert other discipline as needed. Checks MDS and PCC Diagnosis dashboard daily
- Updates care plan for triggers identified in MDS assessments which may include actual/potential problems and active diagnosis as needed.
- Works closely with D.O.N./rehab/nurse and clinical managers, nurses on unit assigned. Provide informal MDS education in unit as needed.
- May serve as a backup for the D.O.N. as needed
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides patient care to adults, geriatrics
- Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible with compassion and understanding.
- Promotes a professional atmosphere through courteous communication
- Observes and respects the privacy and confidentiality, Release of information and access to Records.
- Demonstrates mission and values with residents, families, peers and other members of the health care team.
- Collaborates with peers, physician and other members of the health team.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for residents, volunteers, visitors and staff.
- Complies with policies and procedures concerning infection control and safety.
- Monitors the environment and reports deficient areas to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains and develops competence through required in service and continuing educational programs.
- Educates residents and family members regarding release of information procedures
- Participates in data collection for quality improvement.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and ABAQIS activities including team membership.
- Participates in Quality Indicator Survey Preparation of residents, families and staff.
- Participates in monthly Triple Check meeting.
- Improves performance based results obtained from QI activities.
- Participates in Employee Engagement groups.
- Reports to duty punctually.
- Maintains time appropriately to meet resident and departmental needs.
- Maintains open communication with all staff.
- Maintains security of information and data.
- Utilizes data to improve resident/staff outcomes.
- Other tasks as assigned by D.O.N./Administrator
1-3 years Medical Surgical experience which have provided opportunities to refine Competencies in Nursing practice preferred. 2-3 years geriatrics experience required. Ability to read and write English, Good oral, written communication skills. Valid and current NYS registered Nurse, MDS AANAC Certification Preferred.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN Preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
At Schervier Pavilion, our goal is to help each resident maintain the highest level of daily independence possible. Located on a 27-acre campus that includes Mount Alverno Center, an adult home and assisted living residence and St. Anthony Community Hospital, Schervier Pavilion residents have access to a complete continuum of care.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.