Job Title: MDS Coordinator
Company: St. Joseph's Place
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Union Name: 1199B
Position: Full Time
Hours: Usually 8:30 am to 5
Req #: 7457
Posted Date: Oct 24, 2023
Hiring Range: $48.00
The MDS Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and clinical assistance to all nursing personnel to ensure facility conformance with Nursing Care Standards as applied to resource utilization groups. This position is responsible for accurate completion of MDS 3.0 and accurate documentation to support MDS assessments.
- Assesses resident’s potential eligibility for Medicare coverage in the assigned unit.
- Initiates Medicare Certification and recertification for physician signature as needed.
- Ensures that MDS assessments are consistent with the nurse’s notes/CNA accountability and care plans.
- Writes QTR/Annual/Significant notes to support MDS3.0 assessments.
- Checks all MDS scheduled in the software for completion and alerts other discipline as needed.
- Checks MDS and PCC Diagnosis dashboard daily.
- Updates care plan for triggers identified in MDS assessments which may include actual/potential problems and active diagnosis as needed.
- Provides informal MDS education in unit as needed.
- Assesses data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible with compassion and understanding.
- Promotes a professional atmosphere through courteous communication.
- Collaborates with peers, physicians and other members of the health team.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for residents, volunteers, visitors, and staff.
- Monitors the environment and reports deficient areas to appropriate personnel.
- Educates residents and family members regarding release of information procedures.
- Participates in data collection for quality improvement.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and ABAQIS activities including team membership.
- Participates in Quality Indicator Survey Preparation of residents, families, and staff.
- Participates in monthly Triple Check meeting.
- Utilizes data to improve resident/staff outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
MDS coordination experience required. 1-3 years medical surgical experience as well as long term care and supervisory experience required.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Valid and current NYS Registered Nurse license. MDS, AANAC certification preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St. Joseph's Place
St Josephs Place offers 24-hour nursing care, long term and short term rehabilitation, tracheotomy care, head trauma care, respiratory care, and psychological services in a comfortable setting that our residents can call “home.” Become part of a team of highly trained, experienced Physicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Registered Dieticians, Certified Nursing Assistants, Activities Personnel, Social Workers and Pastoral Care Providers.