Job Title: Medical Assistant
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Pomona, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: RHVA - Root
Position: Full Time
Req #: 247
Posted Date: May 25, 2021
The Medical Assistant under the direction of the physician and RN takes vital signs, assists with data collection, provides direct care and assists with tasks as directed. This position coordinates laboratory and radiology appointments, referrals and directs patients to the proper services with all needed requisitions. Maintains patient charts and logs and provides secretarial support as well as assisting with registration and billing.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to patients.Provides care to patient as instructed in accordance with established procedures.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measures vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and documents all information in patient’s chart.
- Obtains all related reports, labs and information and files in patients’ medical records in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures that exam rooms are stocked with adequate medical supplies and cleaned in accordance with practice standards.
- Performs required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
- Schedules and verifies appointments for patients including verification of patient insurance information.
- Records all necessary patient, guarantor and financial information as each patient is being registered.Gathers all proper forms and obtains necessary signatures.
- Collects and provides receipts as required for pre-payment of services and prepares encounter.
- Directs or assists the patient to the ancillary department with paperwork required by the department.
- Maintains all logs, charts and appointment books.
- Checks expiration dates on all stored medications/immunizations/supplies on a weekly basis.
- Updates laboratory /x-ray logs on a daily basis.
- Maintains MSDS book.
- May perform specialized procedures, such as blood draws, conduct EKGs.
- May complete insurance forms and code procedures for billing.
- For certified medical assistants only: inputs data into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant preferred. Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.Medical Assistants inputting orders into the EMR must have certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
A high school diploma or equivalency required.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.>
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.