Job Title: Medical Assistant
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Goshen, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Req #: 7118
Posted Date: Aug 29, 2023
Hiring Range: $17.17 - $21.58
The Medical Assistants work under the direction of the physician and RN takes vital signs, assists with data collection, provides direct care and assists with tasks as directed. This position coordinates laboratory and radiology appointments, referrals and directs patients to the proper services with all needed requisitions. Maintains patient charts and logs and provides secretarial support as well as assisting with registration and billing.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to patients.
· Provides care to patient as instructed in accordance with established procedures.
· Escorts patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measures vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and documents all information in patient's chart.
· Obtains all related reports, labs and information and files in patients' medical records in accordance with established procedures.
· Ensures that exam rooms are stocked with adequate medical supplies and cleaned in accordance with practice standards.
· Performs required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
· Schedules and verifies appointments for patients including verification of patient insurance information.
· Records all necessary patient, guarantor and financial information as each patient is being registered.
· Gathers all proper forms and obtains necessary signatures.
· Collects and provides receipts as required for pre-payment of services and prepares encounter.
· Directs or assists the patient to the ancillary department with paperwork required by the department.
· Maintains all logs, charts and appointment books.
· Checks expiration dates on all stored medications/immunizations/supplies on a weekly basis.
· Updates laboratory /x-ray logs on a daily basis.
· Maintains MSDS book.
· May perform specialized procedures, such as blood draws, conduct EKGs.
· May complete insurance forms and code procedures for billing.
· For certified medical assistants only: inputs data into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
· Maintains patient charts and logs and provides secretarial support as well as assisting with registration and billing.
· Performs other tasks as assigned.
Experience: 1-3 years experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Licenses / Certifications: Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred. Order Entry certification preferred.
Special Requirements: N/A
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
• Health Insurance
• 401K or 403B
• Flexible Saving Account
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement