Job Title: Medical Lab Technician
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Full Time
Req #: 3038
Posted Date: May 20, 2022
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs laboratory procedures such as preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers in the hospital laboratory. They perform these functions under the supervision of a New York State licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Laboratory Supervisor, or Director of the Clinical Laboratory.
- Makes reports on each test performed and retains duplicate records on file.
- Informs supervisor of any abnormal patient tests.
- Performs laboratory tests under the direction of a medical technologist and in accordance with hospital policies and New York State law.
- Draws blood from patients after receiving request made in accordance with physician’s order.
- Assists laboratory staff in all areas in which assistance is indicated.
- Ability to direct the personnel directly under staff level.
- Follows general laboratory procedures, including maintaining records and reports per department and log.
- Meets Quality Control standards, and maintains and cleans equipment according to established guidelines.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of growth and developmental patterns to the range of treatments offered based on age specific parameter of the populations served.
- Demonstrates competency in age specific procedures performed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior medical laboratory technician experience preferred. New York State license or permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technician
Associate’s degree or higher from an approved Clinical Laboratory Technician program
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.