Job Title: Medical Office Assistant II
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Occ Health Program
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8-4
Shift: Day, Evening
Req #: 24248
Posted Date: Apr 19, 2021
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, and/or the Office Coordinator, the Medical Office Assistant II functions in accordance with departmental procedures and policies performing intakes, screening testing, initial and follow-up paperwork completion for clients of The WorkPlace. The Medical Office Assistant II also assists with patient/client registration, appointment scheduling, answering phones, billing and other related functions as needed. Participates in collaborative team efforts for improving processes and systems for customer satisfaction and improved bottom line consistent with Department Goals.
- One year of Occupational Health, ER and/or Medical Office Setting experience.
- EMT/EMS or MOA Certification preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Job appropriate training/certification encouraged.
- On- the- job certification for EBT/DS required.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Ability to successfully complete on- the- job training for competence in EKG, PFT, Audiometric screening, Orthorater screening, Fit testing and other testing procedures.
- Thorough understanding and use of Occupational Health Information System.
- Processes excellent communication and Customer Service Skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.