Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Company: MidHudson Valley Staffco, LLC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Case Management
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-F W W/E ROTATION 8-4:30
Shift: Day w/rotation
Req #: 20241
Posted Date: Sep 09, 2020
The Medical Social Worker should have advanced knowledge on understanding of disease entities and process and their psychosocial impact on patients and families. The Medical Social Worker should be emotionally and physically able to tolerate work in in the case of catastrophic illnesses, traumatic injuries, and medical anomalies. The Medical Social Worker should possess advanced knowledge and understanding of medical technology and medical treatment modalities.
- Two years post-graduate experience in a medical, mental health or human services setting as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited Graduate School of Social Work.
- New York State Social Work License required.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must possess advanced understanding of personality development, ego functions, defense mechanisms, transference and counter-transference phenomena.
- Must possess advanced ability in crisis intervention techniques, and in conducting interviews and interventions with complex and problematic clients to obtain social and medical information necessary to independently make a diagnostic and treatment plan.
- Must possess demonstrated experience in one or more of the therapeutic treatment modalities, i.e. individual, family, group or couples therapy, and with cases that present the more difficult treatment issues.
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills, basic computer skills and has the ability to function independently with minimal selective use of consultation.