Job Title: Monitor Technician
Company: MidHudson Regional Hospital
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Union Name: 1199
Position: Full Time
Req #: 31262
Posted Date: Jul 29, 2022
The Monitor Technician, under the direction and supervision of the nursing staff, will perform specified tasks involving clerical and reception. The Monitor Tech / Unit Secretary will assist with maintenance, use and observation of cardiac telemetry. Responsibility:
- Demonstrates competent clerical skills. Provides clerical support for Unit managers and/or supervisors.
- Transcribes and enters physician orders and testing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enter charges in the computer as necessary. Enters allergies and patient factors.
- Prints daily labs, MARS, transfer MARS and educational materials.
- Proficient in using Med Line Plus.
- Reports all pertinent information and messages to the appropriate person in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follows procedure for placing orders for special needs (specialty beds, wound vacuums).
- Acts as liaison between nursing units and other departments and physician offices.
- Keep charts updated (filing, sheeting, stamping, posting allergies and advanced directives, validating patient’s identification by reviewing all documentation for accuracy).
- Prepares and copies chart appropriately when transferring patient to another facility.
- Reports any changes in monitored rhythm to the nurse.
- Prints a rhythm strip at each change of shift and as needed.
- Keeps monitoring equipment clean.
- Keeps all printers adequately supplied with consumables.
- Collects quality management data as requested. Provides support re: data gathering, reporting.
Demonstrates competent clerical as well as written and verbal communication skills.
High School graduate or equivalent.Completion of technical business program or prior experience preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Annual dysrhythmia recognition certification, biannual BLS certification.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Effectively demonstrates teaching and leadership skills necessary for the position.Demonstrates knowledge of computer order entry. Medical terminology is desirable. Meets requirements established by Employee Health.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley’s most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area’s only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.