Job Title: Notice of Admissions Rep
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Patient Registration
Position: Full Time
Req #: 157
Posted Date: Apr 20, 2021
The Notice of Admission Representative is responsible for collecting and reviewing demographic and insurance information from inpatient records to verify insurance information and eligibility. This position notifies the patient’s insurance company of admission and ensures that services provided will be authorized, denials and appeals minimized, and payments expedited. In addition, the NOA provides superior customer service and adheres to the productivity, accuracy and performance measures established for the department.
- Monitors and reviews inpatient records to identify specific insurance coverages requiring notice of patient admission within a specified timeframe.
- Notifies insurance companies via telephone, on-line electronic transmission, and/or facsimile transmission of inpatient hospital admissions.
- Performs a review of the patient demographic information, reviews insurance documents and validates insurance eligibility by using the insurance grid, RTE, and multiple patient information systems.
- Reviews the filing order of insurances to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews MSPQ filing and corrects, as appropriate, to ensure that accurate payer information is available.
- Completes and submits, if required, detailed and accurate documentation of inpatient admission for submission.
- Attains correct benefit information from insurers.
- Resolves any issues with coverage(s) and escalates complicated issues to manager.
- Provides clear, concise and accurate documentation of all calls and benefits information into the EMR.
- Reviews registration data for accuracy and satisfies delinquent data for quality assurance.
- Adheres to current processes and workflows to avoid denials and loss of payment.
- Completes all on-line education modules and attends department trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in a patient admissions/medical billing environment with knowledge of medical insurance plans (Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial) preferred. Must possess a working clinical knowledge of commonly used healthcare concepts, practices and procedures with particular emphasis on inpatient admissions as well as ICD-10 and CPT Codes.
High School diploma or GED required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.