Job Title: Nurse Manager
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: Operating Room
Position: Full Time
Hours: 7am -3pm
Req #: 2861
Posted Date: Apr 05, 2022
**$10,000 Sign on Bonus Available**
The Nurse Manager coordinates, directs, implements and recommends systems, methods and procedures for the delivery of nursing care in the Bon Secours Charity Health System. This involves collaboration with nursing and hospital administrative staff to ensure that standards of practice, departmental philosophy and overall hospital objectives are accomplished. Administrative supervision is exercised over a number of nursing units within the primary areas of responsibility. Responsibility includes operational activities on a twenty-four hour, seven-day a week basis. Supervision and training is provided to a number of professional nurses and support staff. Responsible for ensuring regulatory requirements are met.
- Collaborates with Charge Nurse/Lead Nurse and Nursing Supervisors and provides direct oversight of clinical care provided in assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures the planning, maintenance and evaluation of standards of nursing practice for primary areas.
- Initiates and participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality assurance and performance improvement activities for primary areas.
- Leads interdisciplinary rounds on the unit.
- Reviews and analyzes trends pertinent to the delivery of nursing care services within a primary area and initiates appropriate innovations.
- Evaluates patient care assignments to provide continuity of nursing care.
- Rounds on patients and families to proactively meet the clinical needs and patient satisfaction expectations.
- Advocates for patients and families, acting as liaison with the multidisciplinary team.
- Communicates clinical and resource issues to leadership.
- Assigns staff for patient care matching competency and experience with the patient acuity and needs.
- Collaborates with hospital leadership in the development of a personnel and operational budget annually.
- Monitors expenses and productivity, providing rationale and explanations for any variances.
- Develops and implements plans and schedules for minimizing the use of overtime and meeting the targeted budget, productivity goals.
- Monitors the use of supplies and equipment.
- Orders items as needed for patient care and the function of the unit.
- Holds staff accountable for time and attendance.
- Completes accurate and timely payroll.
- Provides coverage for Bedboard/Nursing Supervision as needed.
- Maintains unit specific position control according to hospital approved budget and staffing plan. Completes requisitions for replacement of vacancies.
- Interviews candidates utilizing a standardized tool, recommending the best qualified candidates
- Observes, evaluates, coaches and mentors staff on the unit.
- Ensures that the initial and annual staff competencies are completed in a timely manner. Maintains accurate records.
- Ensures staff maintain the required credentials for working on the unit (i.e. BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, license)
- Holds staff accountable and participates in progressive disciplinary action.
- Holds staff accountable for compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and hospital policies.
- Follows Occupational Health procedures for workplace injuries and impairment in the workplace.
- Staff Development
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of staff development activities.
- Maintains a professional level of competence through participation in educational and research activities.
- Ensures standardization of practice through implementation of current policies and procedures.
- Participates in labor management conferences, making recommendations as required.
- Performance Improvement/Quality
- Collaborates with the staff to develop and implement a quality plan for the unit.
- Collects and analyzes data to make improvements for clinical and patient satisfaction outcomes
- Communicates quality outcomes with the unit staff and report out at hospital meetings as needed.
- Holds routine staff meetings and huddles focusing on patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Promotes infection control and safety practices.
- Meets regulatory requirements.(i.e. CMS, TJC, NY DOH)
- Investigates and follows up with risk management/incident reports.
- Monitors medication administration to ensure safety and mitigate diversion potential.
- Actively participates in meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum five years of nursing experience in a hospital or health care facility, two of which must have been at a leadership level required. Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Education Department, as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS and ACLS required.
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.