Job Title: Nurse Manager
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: West Nyack, NY
Category: Nursing/Nursing Management
Department: HH Intermittent - Main
Position: Full Time
Req #: 46
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Nurse Manager (RN) Home Care is responsible for supervising, instructing, and guiding nursing and auxiliary personnel to assure quality of patient care services. In addition, this position is responsible for the assessment and treatment for patients of all ages, including neonates, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric population.
- Coordinates patient care with all necessary services including nursing, rehab, nutritional services, equipment, professional and non-professional staffing and support services.
- Works with members of the interdisciplinary team and managers to develop appropriate interventions in order to achieve clinical and functional goals.
- Develops policies and procedures as it relates to the coordination of the Infection Control Program.
- Ensures quality of patient care by analyzing incident reports and patient infections for trends in order to provide appropriate interventions.
- Collaborates with staff regarding patient plan of care and progress.
- Assists Home Care staff in identifying special safety precautions for patients when needed.
- Reports departmental infection control activities to the Home Care Management Team, PI, PAC, Hospital Infection Control Committee, Care Management Council, and Quality Committee of the Board.
- Provides feedback to senior management regarding the needs and accomplishments of the department.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and coordinates all activities associated with Federal, State, local and other regulatory agencies (i.e., DOH, OSHA, Joint Commission, CDC).
- Assists management with organizational needs and recommends process improvements.
- Oversees the development of education offerings and conducts training to staff on various topics about infection control, changes in federal or state regulations, JCAHO standards, OSHA standards, and CDC guidelines.
- Completes staff performance appraisals and field evaluations within specified periods.
- Administers the human resources functions in the areas of hiring, training, evaluating, developing, coaching, and disciplining.
- Attends a minimum of six in-service programs annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Current New York State RN licensure required. Minimum two years experience as a community health nurse in a Certified Home Health Agency or long-term health care program. Six (6) credit hours or the equivalent of education/training in public health and principles of management.
BSN preferred or successful completion of BSN within 5 years of hire.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.