Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Advanced Clinical Provider
Department: General - Adult Psych
Position: Full Time
Req #: 148
Posted Date: Apr 27, 2021
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) provides age-specific advanced primary nursing including health education, mental healthcare, addiction treatment, and communicable diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. This position examines and assesses patients, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing medications, and provides instruction and guidance to nursing and other health care professionals in their area of expertise.
- Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare practitioners to ensure that their patients receive appropriate, timely, and well-coordinated care.
- Records, reviews and interprets medical and social history of patients.
- Performs basic physical examinations, including EKG examinations, breast and pelvic examinations and developmental tests.
- Evaluates the physical and psychosocial development of adult patients and families. Requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated by the patient’s physical status and protocols.
- Obtains materials for appropriate laboratory analysis and carries out selected laboratory procedures.
- Implements treatment regimen based on clinical evaluation and under the official protocols. · Provides emergency psychiatric services, physical, and psychosocial examination, including diagnosing and managing psychiatric and addiction conditions.
- Establishes and implements treatment programs with physicians and other health professionals.
- Interviews and examines patients at appropriate intervals and revises medications if necessary.
- Identifies when patients require further evaluation or specialized care and makes the appropriate referrals.
- Acts as a resource person to nursing staff and assists with their guidance and training in assigned
- Administers immunizations and medications as required.
- Utilizes automated systems and specialized software to enter and retrieve data and prepare reports.
- May prescribe medications in accordance with established hospital procedures and regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Professional nursing experience preferred. Education: Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program. Licenses / Certifications: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Department of Education as a Registered Professional Nurse and possession of current certification as a Nurse Practitioner, with prescription writing privileges, issued by the New York State Department of Education in a specialty area of practice. Other: The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.