Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Advanced Clinical Providers
Department: Cardiovascular Surgeons Of Gsh
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 19045
Posted Date: Jul 21, 2020
The Nurse Practitioner (Cardiac) provides professional nursing care and advocates for cardiology patients including AMI, CHF, and AF patients. Provides oversight for planning, implementing, and evaluating various specialized guidelines and NCDR data programs for the Cardiac Service Line. Provides consultation, H&P, patient and staff education and follow up to ensure that service is provided in compliance and in accordance with core measures, NYS and ACC guidelines in the care of PCI patients Compiles statistics and provides ongoing data analysis reporting monthly to Medical Staff, Quality and Senior Leadership and regulatory agencies.
- Manages the delivery of age appropriate nursing care to patients in Cardiac Service which include conducting initial screening and patient work up and Emergency Department consults, Inpatient/Outpatient consults, Pre-Admission work-up, reviews and implements Admission orders and Pre procedure orders participates in daily rounds and performs follow-up tasks and acts as liaison between Cardiologist, RN staff, CV Surgeon/PA.
- Develops and implements on boarding program for NP.
- Manages staff schedules, workflow, and patient care.
- Creates educational materials and trains staff working with the Cardiac patient population.
- Performs comprehensive pre-procedural health assessments and physicals.
- Manages and resolves Pre/Post Cath complications.
- Interprets EKG, lab test and orders appropriate treatments.
- Serves as liaison and resource to the Cardiac Cath Lab staff/Hospital staff/MD.
- Provides information and guidance related to patient management and program development.
- Completes discharge summaries, and consults with outside physician groups to ensure continuity of care.
- Works with Cardiac Quality Data Specialist to ensure ACC and NYS DOH reporting compliance is maintained. Provides support to Data Specialist as needed when able to complete ACC/NYS DOH reporting forms.
- Manages Research Department, overseeing all aspects of research including start up, budget, contracts and management of all Regulatory Documents.
- Processes all IRB submissions.
- Acts as liaison and support for all Staff/MDs in the Bon Secours Charity Health System involved in research projects.
- Ensures that all research projects are in compliance with Bon Secours mission and ethical guidelines and all applicable regulatory requirements including Human Subjects Protection compliance.
- Assists with Research Review Committee Meeting coordination.
- Participates in Research Coordinator meetings to ensure coordination of services throughout system.
- Assigns, directs and supervises the work of clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Collaborates with cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, other physicians and members of the health care team to plan, organize and deliver specialized services to achieve desirable patient service and care outcomes.
- Assures adherence to JCAHO, local and federal regulatory, hospital and professional organizations requirements as it pertains to accreditation, practice, quality, certification and registry.
- Supervises the preparation and ongoing readiness of the department for certification visits and surveys by accreditation or regulatory organizations.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives for the division of Cardiovascular Services.
- Maintain records of patient services for internal committee review and external use by affiliated health service organizations.
- Develops, implements and reviews all quality initiatives.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings and maintains minutes.
- Prepares and reviews clinical competencies of staff.
- Provides service recovery to dis-satisfied customers.
- Evaluates methodologies, equipment and staff operations and makes recommendations for change.
- Develops and monitors divisional budgets and ensures adherence to established policies and procedures regarding expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
3 to 5 years nursing clinical experience in Critical Care, Emergency Medicine or Cath Lab. Experience in quality and performance improvement initiatives preferred. Knowledge of ConnectCare (EPIC)
BSN preferred. Completion of BSN expected within 5 years of hire. Licenses Certifications: Current NYS RN licensure required. ACLS and BLS required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.