Job Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant-Inpatient Neuroscience
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Department: Mhrh - App
Position: Full Time
Hours: 10hrs/4 days
Req #: 35701
Posted Date: Sep 27, 2023
Hiring Range: $62.23-$73.05 an hour
The Neuroscience team at MidHudson Hospitalist in Poughkeepsie, NY is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our expanding service. In this exciting role, the PA or NPwill work alongside experienced physician and PA colleagues managing patients with diverse medical and surgical neurologic disease processes in the inpatient setting.
- Performing medical evaluations, treatment, follow-up and consultations for diverse neuroscience patients in the inpatient clinical setting.
- Delivering direct patient care as part of a collaborative patient care team.
- Gaining a working competency of clinical workflows, protocols, and applicable procedures necessary in the comprehensive approach in the care of neurology patients.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant and possess, or be able to obtain, an applicable license in New York.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1-year experience, although highly motivated new graduates with interests and abilities in neuroscience will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit WMCHealth.org Westchester Medical Center Health Network values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Jasmine Campos, Manager Advanced Clinical Recruitment by email at Jasmine.Campos@WMCHealth.org
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement