Job Title: OB Tech
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 26659
Posted Date: Sep 12, 2021
Able to identify abnormalities and alert charge nurse. Assisting in basic desk duties. Applies learned principles in coordinating activities directed at assisting the surgical team in the implementation of care. Assisting licensed personnel in the deliverance of patient care activities and related non-professional services.
- High School diploma
- Graduated from accredited Surgical Technology Program (unless meets grandfathered-in criteria)
- One year experience as a surgical technician desirable; clinical experience in a healthcare facility.
- C.N.A. preferred. Understanding of aseptic technique and infection control. Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Current Surgical Technology Certification or achievement of certification within 12 months of graduating from a surgical technology program (unless meetsgrandfathered-in criteria).
- BLS Certification
- 15 hours of continuing education annually related to surgical technology
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.