Job Title: OBGYN Physician Assistant
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Valhalla, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Position: Full Time
Hours: M-T 8a-6p
Shift: Day w/rotation
Req #: 37157
Posted Date: Oct 04, 2023
Hiring Range: $62.23-$73.05
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to join the OB/GYN at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. This is a unique position that would provide support for the providers in the department and work closely with our MFM service lines to easily co-manage high risk obstetrical patients. The candidate would also work closely with our support staff and residents within the women’s health department. With the physician and physician assistant (PA) relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. Other responsibilities would include participating and contributing to the growth of the entire women’s health program.
- Medical knowledge and understanding of pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage general medical conditions and chronic conditions.
- Identify the appropriate site of care for presenting conditions, including identifying emergent cases that require inpatient admission versus outpatient management.
- Order diagnostic testing, blood work, imaging studies.
- Review blood work results, notify patients of results in a timely manner
- Recognize concerns that require changes in patient management such as increased frequency in maternal / fetal testing or follow –ups ( New onset DM, IUGR)
- Differentiate between the normal and abnormal findings in anatomic, physiological, laboratory and other diagnostic data.
- Perform office based procedures and examinations.
- Be familiar with electronic ordering of medications, diabetic supplies or any other equipment as needed.
- Assist attending’s in reviewing and answering patient phone calls and messages
- Feedback to referring physicians as needed
- Identify appropriate interventions for prevention of conditions.
The successful candidate would require a minimum of one year experience in Obstetrical care. This is an employed position in our academic group with comprehensive benefits, CME and malpractice coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Successfully completed a graduate level physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation and Review Committee for Physician Assistants (ARC-PA)
Licenses / Certifications:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of employment
- Current valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the state department of education is required
- Current BLS certification is required
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement