Job Title: Office Coordinator
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Position: Full Time
Req #: 1779
Posted Date: Dec 21, 2021
The Office Coordinator coordinates the day to day operations and provides administrative leadership to the front office staff within a department or medical group practice at Bon Secours Charity Health System.
- Coordinates the multi-faceted operations of the medical office.
- Schedules surgeries and complete associated paperwork.
- Prepares surgical files, obtain insurance information and ensure that all needed x-rays are available.
- Handles coordination activities associated with diagnostic information.
- Ensures that patient information is obtained correctly and filed properly.
- Assists patients and their families by providing them with procedural and diagnostic information.
- Schedules patients for appointments and tests and ensure that follow up calls are made in a timely manner.
- Oversees patient preparation procedures for surgery or examination.
- Takes telephone calls and provide callers with information on specific services of the medical office.
- Schedules appointments between patients and physicians.
- Develops appropriate guidelines for staff so that they can prioritize work activities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of work activities.
- Provides direction on collecting patient co-pays or deductibles.
- Maintains records of medical staff and review credentials of new and existing staff members.
- Prepares appropriate budgets and develop medical staff objectives.
- Obtains and maintains patient insurance information or financial background for self-payable services.
- Ensures that the medical office is clean and maintained at all times and meets hygiene standards.
- Assists in hiring and training staff to perform different roles in a medical office.
Minimum of two years of medical office experience in a supervisory or lead role
Associate’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.