Job Title: Office Manager
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Suffern, NY
Department: Steinfeld Primary Care
Position: Full Time
Req #: 540
Posted Date: Jun 01, 2021
The Office Manager oversees an administrative staff consisting of medical receptionists, billing and medical records technicians within the Bon Secours Charity Medical Group practices to provide the highest quality of services to patients in a hospital-based, community-based, or private-based practice care setting.
- Supervises administrative office staff.
- Prepares surgical files, obtains insurance information and ensures that all needed x-rays are available.
- Ensures that patient information is obtained correctly and filed properly.
- Assists patients and their families by providing them with procedural and diagnostic information.
- Schedules patients for appointments and tests and ensure that follow up calls are made in a timely manner.
- Oversees patient preparation procedures for surgery or examination.
- Develops appropriate guidelines for staff so that they can prioritize work activities.
- Provides direction on collecting patient co-pays or deductibles.
- Maintains records of medical staff and review credentials of new and existing staff members.
- Prepares appropriate budgets and develop medical staff objectives.
- Obtains and maintains patient insurance information or financial background for self-payable services.
- Ensures that the medical office is clean and maintained at all times and meets hygiene standards.
- Assists in hiring and training staff to perform different roles in a medical office.
Minimum of two years of medical office experience in a management role.
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Bon Secours Charity Medical Group will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.