Job Title: Operator
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Guest Services
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 22328
Posted Date: Jan 27, 2021
The Operator / Communication Assistant answers and routes incoming calls to the hospital’s main number, emergency lines and patient information lines. Demonstrates service excellence by providing appropriate and accurate information to all callers. Exhibits strong customer service and telephone skills.
- Answers calls in a timely fashion, exhibiting strong customer service skills resulting in service excellence for the caller.
- Operates communication systems such as telephone, switchboard, intercom and two-way radio.
- Demonstrates clear understanding, knowledge and proficiency in handling emergencies and relaying all alarms panels.
- Announces proper activation using codes and alarms.
- Insures proper staff is aware of and has responded to code or alarm.
- Responds quickly to all emergencies following protocol.
- Documents all codes on log sheet such as alarms, pages and staff communication.
- Functions as a liaison between patients, administration and other depts.
- Assists patients at Emergency Department doors if needed, while monitoring ER doors for security.
- Maintains positive attitude, cooperation and confidentiality in all matters.
- Maintains professional manner and appearance.
- Attends in-service programs/seminars as required and department meetings.
- Assists with training new employees the switchboard operation and procedures.
- Fulfills general office/clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Previous experience preferred. Experience with Cyracom (phone and video interpretation) preferred.
High School diploma/GED
Licenses / Certifications:
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Ability to remain calm during stressful situations. Required to provide coverage for the Patient Service Reps as needed.