Job Title: Operating Room Aide
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Department: Operating Room
Position: Part Time
Req #: 20808
Posted Date: Jan 31, 2021
The Operating Room Aide is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of operating rooms, surgical service areas, offices, lounge and other departmental areas. This position promotes and conducts efficient, clean and safety practices at all times.
- Executes the cleaning duties of the operating room and surrounding areas within the department to include dusting, surface disinfecting, mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming.
- Sets up the OR room as needed and ensures the level of cleanliness of the area and equipment are adequate.
- Assists in turning rooms over which includes bed cleaning, removing trash and emptying dirty linens according to departmental guidelines.
- Ensures clean linens are folded and stored appropriately.
- Sets up and disposes suction canisters as necessary.
- Handles biohazard material appropriately and safely using the appropriate PPE.
- Assists with patient transports, transfers and positioning as needed within the OR.
- Orders supplies through the material coordinator.
- Demonstrates accepted aseptic practices in the performance of all job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Previous housekeeping maintenance experience in a medical department preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Licenses / Certifications:
If applicable the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, the use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies pertaining to infection control.