Job Title: OR Scheduler
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Operating Room
Position: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 964
Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
The Operating Room Scheduler performs a variety of duties under the direction of the Director of Surgical Services/Operating Room Manager, to ensure smooth operation of the perioperative areas. This position serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, hospital departments, and the public to provide optimum level of care to patients and assist the Department with other duties as determined.
- Answers telephones in a respectful manner, accepts Operating Room bookings, and accurately records them in to the Operating Room MIS scheduling system.
- Schedules perioperative procedures accurately within hospital and department guidelines.
- Faxes routing forms to the Resource Center · Emails Operating Room schedules daily. · Contacts vendors for equipment and supply needs, and provides updates to the Operating Room Manager.
- Maintains inventory of all lenses on consignment, ensuring sufficient supply for patient surgeries.
- Maintains nursing payroll, payroll information, calculates payroll, audits compliance to policies, evaluates monthly time sheets for accuracy and adherence to nursing care hours standards in the absence of the Operating Room Administrative Assistant.
- Obtains CFB for supplies when needed in the absence of the Operating Room Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinates with Central Supply and Operating Room Materials Coordinator to ensure vendor supplies are delivered for cases.
- Assists with staffing problems, calling in replacements as necessary, and canceling per diems when census is low as directed by Operating Room Manager. · Manages tissue log for all in-coming tissue and checks expiration dates.
- Communicates pertinent information in a timely manner and to the appropriate staff members or management.
- Effectively uses automated systems to perform work assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior Operating Room scheduling experience strongly preferred. Prior experience in a hospital setting required. The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials
A high school diploma or GED required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, the use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies pertaining to infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.