Job Title: Patient Access Liaison
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: WRM - HealthWorx
Hours: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Req #: 37332
Posted Date: Nov 06, 2023
Hiring Range: $ 32.45
The purpose of the position is the collection of patient demographics and insurance information by registering the patient for medical treatment.
- Create a positive first impression while greeting patients when they present for registration
- Demonstrate professional telephone etiquette when answering internal and external calls.
- Interviewing the patient/patient representative for Direct Admissions, Outpatient services, Ambulatory surgery, Minor surgery and/or procedures performed in all ancillary departments and direct patients to appropriate departments.
- Performing correct and accurate data entry of patient demographic information and medical insurance.
- Responsible to notifying insurance companies of Inpatient Admissions/Outpatient services at the hospital.
- Able to handle the printing and distribution of Admission/Registration forms, face sheets, labels and NY state and Federally mandated forms to patients or nursing unit as appropriate.
- Responsible for obtaining and witnessing signatures for insurance assignments and guarantor statements.
- Responsible for timely data entry and changes to patient information when required.
- Responsible for quality assurance – reviewing registration data for accuracy and satisfying delinquent data.
- Ensures receipt of documentation if expired patients communicate between funeral homes, physician office, nursing units and organ bank.
- Perform Point of Service collections for expected out-of-pocket and patient responsibility expenses.
- Maintains a quiet, calm and clean professional office environment.
- Identify and register all patients of all age groups: newborns, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Direct and/or escort patient to areas for their services.
- Complete all on-line courses as assigned by the Health System and attend department trainings.
- Complete work queues/lists to assist patient accounting department on prompt and accurate billing.
- Offer departmental assistance and informative support to current and newly hired colleagues.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum of 3 months Healthcare experience, preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred. Medical insurance experience, preferred. Knowledge of hospital operations and procedures; knowledge of interviewing techniques required to elicit specific information. Ability to complete various forms and other documents used in the hospital admitting process with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Knowledge of Cerner Millennium is a plus
High School diploma or GED, required. Bachelors, preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Telephone, copier, computer, scanners, fax machines. Must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations as it relates to patient privacy and confidentiality, must be reliable and maintain professional attire and demeanor. Knowledge of medical insurances (Medicare, Commercial, HMO’s, PPO’s, etc.); EMTALA regulations, hospital billing and collection processes. Microsoft office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Document imaging systems and vendor management. Have knowledge of concepts, practices of hospital operations and procedures. Possess interviewing and communication skills. Must be comfortable with data entry utilizing multiple patient access programs and software. Must be able to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner. Problem solving skills and attention to detail to assess and resolve conflict in a timely manner. Proficient in oral and written communication. Handle difficult situations while exhibiting professionalism and compassion. Communicates cooperatively and constructively with patients, area supervisors, families, co-workers, administration, other clinical departments, providers, community agencies, referral sources, and other health team members