Job Title: Patient Care Technician
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Nursing Support
Department: Emergency Room
Position: Full Time
Req #: 80
Posted Date: Apr 08, 2021
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the guidance of the Emergency Department Registered Nurse and in conjunction with Physicians and Unit Clerks to maintain flow and provide quality patient care. The Patient Care Technician works in collaboration with other healthcare team members providing some of the following: patient transport, re-stocking area, cleaning and readying the patient care areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of resource locations of documents, manuals, and on-line resources such as SDS.
- Demonstrates knowledge on the use of department equipment Cardiac Monitors, Infusion pumps, pulse oximiters, end-title CO2 monitors, defibrillators, suction equipment, Doppler’s, precip kit, various trays (spinal tap, thoracotomy, ear, nose, and throat, etc.), computers, Pyxis, Bar-coding, EKG machines, Glucometer, emergency ambulance radio, oxygen wall and portable, Adult Code cart, Braslow Pediatric Cart and bags, chest tubes, naso-gastric tubes etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the department layout, rooms and the supplies and equipment for use and re-stocking.
- Specialty areas such as negative pressure rooms.
- Demonstrates competency in phlebotomy and obtaining lab specimens and performing EKG’s, and delivery of specimens to the lab.
- Understands EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act).
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures. Interacts in a professional manner with all members of the interdisciplinary teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Phlebotomy experience preferred. The Emergency Department is an area of high volume, often-stressful situations with illness, injury, critical events such as unexpected deaths, and exposure to immediate emergent interventions. Must be competent in computer usage, phone etiquette, and organizational skills. CNA or EMT Paramedic preferred. BLS through the American Heart Association required or can be completed with 3 months of employment.
High School diploma or GED
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.