Job Title: Patient Service Representative
Company: Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
City/State: Goshen, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Position: Full Time
Req #: 5180
Posted Date: Feb 06, 2023
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for leading the daily operations of the front desk to include financial and personnel management. This position functions as the liaison between physicians, patients and their family members.
- Serves as a liaison between practitioners and office staff to coordinate successful delivery of care and services with insurances.
- Reviews workflow processes and job requirements to identify any problems to share with the Practice Manager.
- Works with patients to get them checked in and ensures the front desk staff is adept at efficiently and compassionately performing the check in and check out duties of the practice. Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports in order to communicate with the Practice Manager with any issues or concerns.
- Maintains the inventory for the front office supplies while seeking the most cost-effective products without forfeiting quality.
- Answers phones, schedules patient appointments and ensures phones are covered and transferred as appropriate for off-hours.
- Assures compliance of the front desk area for HIPAA.
- Oversees daily schedule for physicians and front office personnel including holiday management.
- Assists Practice Manager in the financial management of practice by making sure all front desk staff are compliant with collecting co-pays and outstanding balances on patient accounts.
- Routinely reviews provider and testing schedules to make sure scheduling is completed according to practice protocol as mandated by the Practice Manager.
- Coordinates scheduling of staff within the front office and arranges for back-up staff when necessary.
- Maintains communication with Office Manager on a daily basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years working in a large volume medical practice office with interpersonal skills necessary to function as liaison between physicians, patients and their family members. Experience with physician office policies, procedures, medical insurances and equipment. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment in a confident, professional manner.
High School diploma or equivalency required. College degree preferred.
If applicable the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, the use of personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies pertaining to infection control. Travel outside of the office to multiple practice locations is required. Must be a self-motivator, possessing a high level of judgment skills and initiative, along with ability to prioritize and coordinate several tasks simultaneously, while maintaining a confident and helpful demeanor.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.