Job Title: Perioperative Assistant
Company: St Anthony Community Hospital
City/State: Warwick, NY
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Department: Ambulatory Surgery
Position: Full Time
Hours: 6:30a - 2:30pm
Req #: 1271
Posted Date: Sep 24, 2021
The Peri Operative Assistant performs a variety of duties under the direction of the Director of Surgical Services/CAS Nurse Manager to ensure a smooth flowing operation of the infusion center. This position serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, the auxiliary departments, and the public to provide an optimum level of care to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. In addition, this position requires the ability to safeguard and maintain professional ethics regarding information necessary for effective job performance.
- Assists patients/family to their room.
- Takes vital signs and glucometer testing as indicated by RN.
- Offers food and drinks post-op/post procedure after consulting with RN.
- Prepares patients for discharge.
- Cleans/prepares room and stretcher for next patient.
- Restocks CAS suites daily with routine supplies, including anesthesia supplies.
- Orders/stocks supplies and keeps CAS Coordinator or designee informed of discrepancies on deliveries.
- Checks CAS stock supplies routinely for outdates.
- Assists with moving patients in the room as directed by the RN.
- Assists/educates responsibilities of the volunteers.
- Schedules pre-admission testing appointments for patients and places into ORMIS scheduling system.
- Schedules total joint replacement patients for their pre-operative education classes.
- Schedules after hours PAT appointments in ORMIS.
- Organizes and prepares charts 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Assists department with other duties as determined by the CAS Nurse Manager/Director of Surgical Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Previous related experience in the health care setting preferred. BLS
High School graduate or equivalent.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Proficient computer skills required.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey’s Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with St. Anthony Community Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.