Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Company: Bon Secours Community Hospital
City/State: Port Jervis, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Union Name: 1199 - UHCWE
Position: Per Diem
Hours: M-F730-8 S/S8-6307H
Shift: Per Diem
Req #: 7084
Posted Date: Aug 24, 2023
Hiring Range: $18.62
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life, under direct supervision of a pharmacist, as prescribed by law and regulation for New York State and in accordance with the objectives, planning, and directives assigned to the areas of responsibility assigned by the Director.
- Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Prepares medications for delivery to patients, repackages medications, delivers medications to patient care areas and utilizes PARx to refill automated dispensing machines.
- Performs all functions necessary for Pyxis machines, including but not limited to, refilling, loading/unloading, managing inventory, managing outdated inventory, troubleshooting and regular physical maintenance.
- Performs all necessary steps for maintaining departmental inventory including: order supplies and medications, receive/process supplies and medications, return supplies and medications, ensure supplies and medications are within expiration dating and restock supplies and medication storage areas as needed.
- Maintains departmental records in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring 340B program Compliance.
- Assists in maintaining 797 Compliance for the Sterile IV room including, performs daily equipment cleaning and performs sterile area cleaning.
- Performs monthly nursing unit inspections.
- Performs all functions specific to their assigned user role in Epic including, generates daily computer reports, process patient charges and credits accurately and message processing (inbox and anesthesia).
- Communicates interdepartmentally and intradepartmental via telephone, computer, or physically to assist in medication distribution process and daily pharmacy processes.
Experience as a pharmacy technician is required, experience with automated dispensing machines preferred. Technician certification preferred (PTCB).
A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area’s premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.