Job Title: Phlebotomist
Company: HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
City/State: Kingston, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Position: Per Diem
Req #: 32429
Posted Date: Oct 24, 2022
Under the direction of the Lab Central Supervisor/Coordinator, the Clerk/Phlebotomist functions as a phlebotomist following procedures and policies for collection, handling and transport of biological specimens. Participates in the reception and clerical aspects of both inpatient and outpatient testing. Phlebotomy function is a 24/7 operation within the hospital location. Staff is required to work rotating weekends and holidays and may be required to work varied and/or additional hours/shifts based on departmental needs. May be required to travel to offsite locations and perform specimen collections
- One-year phlebotomy experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of a phlebotomy program/course or on-the-job training in phlebotomy and minimum of three years experience.
- Clerical experience desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer data entry experience strongly preferred.
- ASCP accreditation / certification highly desirable.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- 24 /7 operation may require individual to work hours and/or shifts beyond their regularly scheduled hours/shift.
- The position requires individual to work rotating weekends and holidays and may be required to work varied and/or additional hours/shifts based on departmental needs.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Mary's Avenue Campus
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley operates a 315-bed healthcare system comprising HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY. It also operates Mountainside Residential Care Center, an 82-bed facility in Margaretville. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance is committed to attracting the best-qualified medical and support staff; providing outstanding, responsive, coordinated, compassionate patient- and family-centered care; excelling in clinical outcomes and patient experiences; and ensuring patient rights, privacy and respect are honored at all times, while improving the overall health and well-being of the diverse communities it serves.