Job Title: Physical Therapist
Company: Good Samaritan Hospital
City/State: Walkill, NY
Category: Allied Health Prof/Technical
Department: Certified Home Health Agency - General
Position: Full Time
Req #: 474
Posted Date: Jun 05, 2021
The Physical Therapist assesses, plans, and evaluates patient’s needs and then plans and administers treatment to promote optimal health and physical functioning. This position also provides patient/client education and instruction to individuals and families for physical therapy treatments. These services are provided in the patient’s home or place of residence.
· Provides individualized Physical Therapy services to patients in their home or place of residence.
· Screens all referrals for appropriateness of services.
· Obtains health history utilizing patient/caregiver and others.
· Completes an assessment evaluation of the patient, including documenting physical, social, psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient.
· Develops a therapeutic care plan and goals based upon patient’s needs and potential and the physician’s referral. Coordinates this plan with other services, as needed.
· Provides ongoing assessment of patient’s status and makes revisions of the therapeutic plan of care as indicated.
· Participation in intra and inter-agency patient centered conferences, team conferences and joint visits with CHN’s.
· Involves the patient and caregiver actively in goal setting.
· Demonstrates proper teaching techniques in the development and implementation of individualized age specific teaching plan and seeks assistance as needed.
· Educates and supervises patient/caregiver and ancillary staff to enhance knowledge and skills needed to appropriately carry out assigned tasks.
· Serves as a resource to staff and provides support to staff.
· Participates in providing clinical experience for selected nursing and allied health students in coordination with their instructors.
· Interprets program services and policies to general public and other health services, providers and recipients of Home Care.
· Assists in orientation of new personnel and students.
· Functions as a resource for staff requiring clinical direction.
· Determines the need for follow-up by other personnel and patient activity supportive to the therapy treatment.
· Participates in data collection for quality improvement and participates in/initiates performance improvement activities.
· Utilizes resources appropriately and recognizes cost containment factors.
· Documents accurately and timely in medical record according to hospital department guidelines.
· Demonstrates knowledge of skilled treatments and interventions and implements appropriately, including therapeutic exercise programs.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
One year experience as a registered physical therapist preferred. Current registration/license to practice as a Registered Physical Therapist in New York State.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in physical therapy from an accredited program.
The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area’s leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children’s Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Due to a recent upgrade in our online applicant tracking system, anyone who has previously applied for a position with Good Samaritan Hospital will be required to reapply.
With this recent upgrade to our system, all previous applications are no longer accessible by the WMCHealth Recruitment Team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding during our efforts to upgrade our systems to be able to provide a better candidate experience.