Job Title: Physician Assistant
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Hawthorne, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Department: Urology - Bradhurst
Position: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30a-5p
Req #: 28197
Posted Date: Dec 09, 2021
The Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for practicing medicine under the supervision of physicians including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions. Within physician–physician assistant relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May include responsibility for education, research, and administrative services.
Physician Assistants perform specific clinical duties as outlined in their individual delineation of privileges.
- Conducts physical examinations, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds
- Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work
- Performs consults on potential patients
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems, and responds to emergencies using ACLS protocols, including use of CPR
- Counsels patients and patient’s family on preventive health care
- Documents patient information and care in medical record and may maintain department statistical database for research purposes
- Conducts follow-up examinations of patients
- Documents patients charts and maintains detailed records of patient treatment
- Performs related duties as assigned by the medical staff, including support needed for program accreditation
Four years of health care experience prior to applying to Physician Assistant program, plus one year of experience as Physician Assistant.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
Licenses / Certifications:
Current New York State Physician Assistant license, Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification. ABLS certification to be completed upon hire. Special Requirements: Prescription writing privileges issued by New York State and the DEA is required.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC