Job Title: Physician Assistant / Addiction Services / Poughkeepsie
Company: WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
City/State: Poughkeepsie, NY
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Department: MHRH-MH Physician Services
Position: Full Time
Req #: 29416
Posted Date: Mar 10, 2022
MidHudson Regional Hospital is seeking a Physician Assistant with a strong interest in Addiction Medicine to work with the Kyle Goldberg Turning Point chemical dependency treatment program. The position involves the following:
- Work on both the medically managed detoxification and the rehabilitation services.
- Providing admission history and physical, treatment plan and documentation for medically managed detox admissions.
- Daily detox and residential patient follow-ups for medical, SUD and psychiatric issues, all documented.
- Prescribe and/or adjust medication orders to best suit the patients' needs.
- Review preadmission screenings from admission staff.
- Be on-site to ensure all patients are seen and medical staff is supported as needed.
- New admissions and follow up of patients via telemedicine format.
- Available by phone to field admission inquiries and staff calls regarding ongoing medical/clinical issues with patients.
- Experience with detox/withdrawal management preferred
- Excellent bed side manner, reliability and strong work ethic
- DEA Certification
- Waivered or willing to obtain waiver to prescribe buprenorphine/naloxone for opioid use disorder
- Experience with psychiatric patients preferred
- Experience with management of psychiatric medication for treatment of depression and anxiety preferred
- Must maintain or be eligible for a New York Physician Assistant License
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health coverage Including 401K with match
- 4 weeks' vacation
- Malpractice Coverage
- CME dues
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC